Sunday, January 10, 2016

Acquiring Self Confidence.

Since some requested that I write about self confidence, I decided to write on the topic. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary online, self confidence is defined as "confidence in oneself and in one's powers and abilities"
. Many of us struggle with lacking self confidence. " I'm not pretty, I'm poor, I'm stupid, I'm different and etc" are thoughts that can destroy self confidence. I have struggled with not having self confidence. "I'm not good enough or I'm a loser" are thought that have crossed my mind.  There are two tips that I have learned about gaining self confidence.
STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!

(I got this quote from Pinterest.)
We are all different. I think many people would be happier if they stopped comparing themselves to other people. Self confidence is a good characteristic to acquire. People in general do not want to be around someone who thinks "I'm a loser". Instead of comparing yourself to others, just be yourself.
 BE POSITIVE 
For every fault that you find/ hear about yourself, there is a positive attribute about yourself to find/hear. For example, you may not be the smartest person in college but you are great at sports. In this example, do not dwell about not being smart, but focus that you can play basketball well. 

I hope this post encouraged you in some way. Remember to be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment