Monday, July 22, 2019

A New School Year




Hello readers I can't believe it is the middle of July already. This year has flown by already so much. I know thatamy of you guys are still in summer mode, but the time for school is fast approaching. Whether you are in highschool, undergrad or even a graduate student, I hope this post encourage  to be excited and feel confident for the new school year.

There are two main things that are very important for a successful school year~ preparation and goals.

Being prepared can help reduce the stress of school  and can help boost confidence thus helping you feel ready for the new school year.There are several ways to prepare for the new school year:

- look at your schedule: It is very important to know when and where your classes are located. You don't want to be that person who walks in late and everyone stares at you. Remember to check your schedule right before classes start because schedules can change last minute.

- Submit documents: This is especially important if you are a freshman or transfer student because there is usually alot of paperwork to submit. If you are student working on campus, there is paperwork involved. Financial aid requires paperwork. It is important to submit these documents ahead because it can affect scholarship, financial aid and courses.

- To Do Lists: These are very helpful because it reminds you what tasks need to be accomplished. I do this every year because it helps me keep track of what I need to get done. For me, it is very satisfying to cross something off my to do list. I feel very accomplished.

Having goals are very important. If people didn't have goals in life, they most likely wouldn't feel motivated to do things.  I once read that writing goals down motivates people to actually doing these goals compared to just remembering these goals in their head. I believe this due to the fact that people remember things when they write it down and people like things that are tangible. Writing down goals is like having a to do list for life instead of chores. Here are some of my goals for the new school year

- stay consistent with my Bible reading
- stay organized with my papers
- take notes for my classes/ meetings
- make sure to do something fun once a week
- try to get a good amount of sleep each night.
- have good time management between social life, school work, working( I am a TA for two undergrad courses)


I would love to know how you preparing for the new school year and what are some of your goals for the new schedule year?
Have a great week!

~Liu Miao~

No comments:

Post a Comment