Friday, June 29, 2018

Life Update



Hello readers. Today I thought that I would share what is going on  in my life recently. It has been awhile.



 I finished my Junior/Third year of university. Time has flown so quickly. I started blogging towards the end of my first year of university. Now I only have two semesters left! This summer I am studying for the GRE and looking at schools to apply for graduate schools. IF you have any tips for the GRE or graduate school application, please let me know.  In the fall, I will continue with a research project and we hope to get a paper in the process of publication in the spring. I love the field os psychology and learning Spanish.

I am also training my own service dog. Her name is Mi Gemela Dulce which translate as My Sweet Twin. Currently she is learning basic obedience and doing good with house training. I am also working on teaching her tasks that she will need to learn. We are working on retrieving things.(Future tasks will include: Retrieving things, helping with shoes and clothes, pushing buttons, pulling doors, finding someone when I have a bad fall. I hope to get her approved for light mobility when she is old enough.) She enjoys going to puppy class and she is almost 14 weeks old. The puppy class helps socialize her with unfamiliar dogs and gives me tips on how to better train my dog.
Isn't she the cutest? She is not hyper but does have moments of energy. Whenever she is very tired, she will lay down wherever she pleases and does not move. I would love to know your tips about training dogs for service work.

What are you doing this summer? I would love to hear about it.

~Liu Miao~

No comments:

Post a Comment