Friday, February 19, 2016

SURVING MIDTERMS


Midterms are coming up for college students. They can be scary. It is never too early to start preparing now. Even though I am a freshman, I have learned a few tips that helped me survive midterms. I hope these tips can help you.



·        Find out when midterms are. This is obvious tip but a good one to do. When you know when midterms are, you will be able to prepare for them. You do not want to have them “sneak” up on you.



·        Don’t study last minute. This may not work for some students but it helped me. I try to prepare about a week before the exam. If you work a lot, try to study while commuting to work. Instead of listening to music try to talk about the material to yourself. While getting ready, I would tell myself the material that I need to know. During lunch break, study for the midterms. It is also helpful to quiz yourself over the material



·        Stay hydrated. It is super important to drink water. I get headaches when I don’t drink enough water. It is super hard to study when your head is pounding. Keep a water bottler near you when studying.



·        Don’t study for long periods of time. I find it better to study in chunks. It helps me retain the information better. My brain gets tired if I do too much readings/studying. I like to give myself little breaks. Sometimes for breaks I will do chores, make a snack, check social media, watch youtube /Netflix, and text friends.



·        Get sleep. It can be hard to take a test with only three hours of sleep. I do not recommend all nighters for any test. Some people may be able to function with small amount asleep but a person generally feels more alert with more sleep. Being sleep deprived is not a good thing.



I would love to hear how you study. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment