Thursday, August 17, 2017

5 important back to school supplies




Hello readers! School is approaching very quickly. I am a little sad that summer is ending but excited for the new opportunities in college. There is so much to prepare before the first day of classes. Recently, I finished buying my school supplies. I love buying school supplies because it makes me excited for classes. Today I will share 5 important school supplies and I will also include the electronic version for the techies out there.
Thoughts to consider : This post is not sponsored and I purchased these items myself. All opinions are my own and honest.

- Notebooks/Note taking apps
It is important to take notes in your classes. I prefer taking notes by hand. Sometimes I like to type out my notes. I love using the One Note App or Evernote app. These are great apps to take notes electronically and you can sync them to other devices. Evernote has paid upgrades but the free option works great.

 -Pens, Pencils and highlighters/ there are electronic versions of pens/ pencils and highlighters
I like sharpie pens and papermate pens. I prefer fine tip pens. I don't have a preference for pencils. Sharpie highlighters are my favorite. If I take notes on my compute, I use a stylus pen or type my notes. Microsoft Word and other note taking apps offer a drawing option and highlighter option.

 - Planner/ google calendar etc
I have used an academic planner, monthly planner and currently the happy planner. I prefer a physical copy. Hand writing something is important for me. I have heard that Google Calendar is good and you can sync your google calendar to your different devices. I know with Apple devices you can sync your calendar

 -Books/ ebooks.
If your professor says that a textbook will be use, then it is important to get one. I rent  or buy used textbooks.  Paperback books are cheaper than  hardcover books. It you have to buy an access code, buy it from the publisher.(it is $15-20 cheaper). I believe that you learn more when one reads the textbooks. Many textbooks offer an ebook. I would recommend this because it is usually cheaper. Sometimes you can't get an ebook because there is only a hard copy printed.

 -Sitcky Notes/ sticky notes app
I like to take notes while I read my textbooks but I don't want to mark up the book. What is the solution? Sticky notes are the answer. I love Post-It-Notes I can stick them easily in my book. They also an help me keep my place in a book. You can write quick reminders on sticky notes. There are sticky notes app if you prefer an electronic version

These are the school supplies that have helped me in college and keep me organized. What are your tope 5 back to school supplies? Have a great week. and good luck on going back to school soon.

~Liu Miao~

No comments:

Post a Comment