Friday, May 12, 2017

Sophomore Year Reflection

  Hello!, I am finished with my sophomore year of college. I can't believe it. These past two years have gone quickly. There were many changes that happened this past year. Here are a few things that happen this past year :

- In the fall 2016, I took 17 credit hours. This was a lot for me but I learned a lot on how to manage time. In the spring , I took 15 credit hours.

- Assisted As with mesa de español. This was so much fun. It was a time that the Spanish 1 class got to practice speaking Spanish during lunch. They were able to practice in a more informal setting.

- Changed my major. I was a biology major. When I started helping the profesora, I found my love with Spanish. I also realized that I did not enjoy biology and chemistry. Now I am a psychology major with a minor in Spanish. I plan to get a Masters in educational psychology with a emphasis in Child life and continue learning Spanish.

- I TA in Spanish 1 class. This was such a great experience. I learned to interact with student in a different way. I learned that profesora did a lot for that one class and she teaches other classes. Worked closely with the professor and help tutor some of the students.

- Presented in my school research symposium. I loved it and it gave me great practice for public speak. In the fall, I will start on another research project.

- Found out that I will be getting a hip replacement surgery ( plus some ligament work) this summer. This surgery will help reduce pain and give more functionality to my legs. I am not doing this surgery to fix my disability(i.e. try to be "normal"), but I am doing it to give me a better quality of life.

This was a good but hard year. My health did become worse during this school year but a lot of good things happen. I am very excited for the summer. It will be a nice break. I will be blogging on a more consistent schedule.

~Liu Miao~

No comments:

Post a Comment