Friday, January 6, 2017

Relax

As a college student, I feel like the word relax is a foreign concept. There are many responsibilities that college student have. In this day, people have a mindset of always going and never stopping. This is not good for people to do. It is a hard struggle balancing responsibilities and relaxation. Everyone struggles with finding this balance in life. College students need to find this balance especially during the college years. Homework, work, family, and personal struggles are some things that college students have. One can burn themselves out during college. Trust me, I have done this in my short time in college. Here are ways I find the balance of work and play time.
- Have a hobby while in college. I like to do hand lettering, color, watch Netflix for an hour each day. This gives me the relaxation I need each day. You need to take time to do something fun each day. This will help you be less overwhelmed with your responsibilities.
- Time yourself. Finish some tasks and then do something fun. I like to work for one hour then "play" for one hour. There are a variety of apps that help you with this. Sometimes I like to read a couple of chapters then take a ten minute break. It depends on the assignment on how I will time my work and play time. 
- Eating helps me relax. Yes, I know this is weird way to relax but it helps me relax. I like to eat my favorite foods/snacks. Chocolate, guacamole &chips, Asian snacks, vegetables with ranch, and ramen are some of my favorite things to eat.
- Post it notes and my planner help me keep up with my responsibilities. Writing reminders down is really helpful. There are so many responsibilities to remember as a college student. It can be easy to forget a test date or homework assignment.

This is the first post of a new series. The series is called :Making 2017 great. How do you keep the balance of work and play time? Don't forget to check Instagram @awordwithlm and Facebook @A word with Liu Miao: ParrieLiu


No comments:

Post a Comment