Friday, May 20, 2016

Interview Time

Most of us have had a job interview at some time in our lives. Whether it is for a scholarship/job/internship, interviews can be scary. I was so nervous for my first interview. My first interview was for a scholarship. There are a few things to consider when you go to an interview. These tips have helped me for interviews. I have a job interview and I will be using these tips for that interview.
-      Make sure that you know where and when the interview is.  It makes me feel less nervous when I know where I will be interviewed. There are many reasons why it is important to remember where and when the interview is. You do not want to end up late because you forget where the interview was or when it was. 
-      Make sure that you are a little early. I like to be five to ten minutes early. It is important to be punctual. Being early makes you look more professional and gives you time to do last minute things. Check to see if you look presentable, get your resume ready, and turn off your phone.
-      Make sure that you bring your resume and possible other documents. This tip applies more to job interview. Bringing your resume shows that you are prepared and professional. For my job interview, I also had to bring a sample of my writing.  It helps to have others proofread your documents.
-      Make sure that you dress professionally. For all my interviews, I dress in business attire. Dressing appropriately for an interviews shows that you take things seriously. When I dress up, I feel more confident. This helps me when I am being interviewed. The weather will also be a factor on what you will wear to an interview. A business suit is a good option for guys to wear for an interview. Business suits, dresses at knee length, and slacks with a button up shirt are good options for women to wear. Ladies keep the makeup simply. I liked to do a subtle neutral smokey eye and I keep my hair down.
-      Make sure that you get enough sleep. You do not want to be tired for the interview. Yawning while being interview can be viewed as rude or unprofessional by the interviewer.


 You can receive updates about blog on Instagram @ awordwithlm or google plus at Liu Miao. Here is a picture of what I wore to the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment