Saturday, September 2, 2017

21 lessons

Hello readers! I hope everyone is having a good holiday and enjoying the long weekend. My weekend consisted of sleeping, homework, and some fun. Happy Labour Day and it is also my birthday.  I am turning 21 and I can't believe that I'm turning 21. It doesn't seem that long ago I was turning 13.  Today I wanted to share 21 lessons that I have learned. These are not in order of importance.

  1. Learning how to cook is important. I love using new recipes. One should not eat out all the time or buy takeaway.
  2. College isn't that scary. It seems intimidating but there are many people/resources to help you.
  3. Chocolate and bread is an amazing snack.
  4. Not all Swiss mountains have snow year round.
  5. knowing a second language( or more)  is important. you will never known when you will have to use that language(s).
  6. It is ok to change your goals in life. I changed my major in college.
  7. Don't let people discourage you
  8. My identity is in Christ. It is Him who defines who I am. Ethnicity, gender, personality and etc are apart of me but they don't define me. I am nothing without  Christ.
  9. Comparison is not good and makes you ungrateful.
  10. Don't worry. God is in control. His answer may be different than you expected.
  11. Tea is amazing
  12. Blogging community  is very welcoming and helpful.
  13. Hand lettering helps keep me calm.
  14. Changes are hard
  15. International traveling can be stressful but it is so much Fun.
  16. To do lists are super helpful.
  17. Memories from the pasts can hurt.
  18. time management is hard.
  19. think before talking
  20. technology is a great way to keep in touch with friends.
  21. Community within your family, friends is important

I hope you enjoyed reading 21 lessons that I have learned. Have a good holiday and great semesters. I would love to hear some lessons that you have learned.

~Liu Miao~

4 comments:

  1. I totally second #6, about changing your goals in life. A year and a half ago, I was starting the decade-long process of studying to become an architect. Today, I'm working as a local journalist, engaged to my best friend, starting a blog, and learning to be a weekend mechanic and soap artisan. And it's ok! I saw a quote today, "Don't be afraid to let go of a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."

    And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have taken a small break to blogging due to writer's block.

      Delete