When I mention that I am adopted, I have been told many interesting things. People also ask some interesting questions too. I am a Chinese and adopted into a Caucasian family. Here is a list of some statements/questions:
- Do you speak English?
- Why do walk like that?
- You are very lucky to be adopted.
- How does it feel to be adopted?
- You’re adopted? That’s your mom?
- Do you know your birth parents?
- You should try to find your birthparents.
- Stare at me when I am with my parents
- Stare at me when I walk
- Ask me my adoption story (out of context or when I just met you)
How many of you can relate to these questions/statements? Please comment below to share your experience. Don’t forget to check @awordwithlm on Instagram and facebook for updates about the blog and to get a glimpse into my life.